We drive the economic development of Luxembourg as an innovative and international business destination of premier choice for investors. We also facilitate the foreign expansion, growth and export initiatives of local businesses. We seek to encourage entrepreneurship and dynamic, sustainable development, consistent with Luxembourg’s values and identity.
The main objectives of Luxembourg Trade & Invest are to:
- Attract foreign direct investment in a targeted and service-oriented manner
- Facilitate access to international markets for Luxembourg-based companies
- Strengthen Luxembourg’s international economic promotion network
- Build a strong image for Luxembourg as a smart location for high-performance business and industry
- Ensure coherence and relevance of economic promotion actions
Luxembourg Trade & Invest falls under the leadership of the Trade & Invest Steering Committee (TISC) chaired by the Ministry of the Economy and composed of representatives from the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, the Ministry of State, the Ministry for Digitalisation, the Ministry for the Environment, Climate and Sustainable Development, the Ministry of Energy and Spatial Planning, the Chamber of Commerce and Luxinnovation (Luxembourg’s national innovation agency).
The TISC is presided by the supervisory body Trade & Investment Board (TIB) chaired by the Minister of the Economy, with the Hereditary Grand Duke as its Honorary Chair. In addition to the institutions already represented on the TISC, representatives from the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the FEDIL and the Chamber of Skilled Trades and Crafts also hold seats on the committee.